- Nationality: French
- Residency status: Permanent resident of Canada
- Maintenance and addition of new functionalities on both Community and Enterprise editions.
- Maintained and developed new features on the Financeit platform, on the front-end (Ember) as well as on the back-end (Rails).
- Wrote Rspec and Cucumber tests.
- Integrated third-party services such as Stripe and Flinks.
- Worked on fixing live issues and technical debt.
- Code-reviewed team members' work, as part of the delivery process.
- Improved admin services and the platform overall during 10% projects.
- Worked with the IT team to maintain and improve TI Georgia’s scraper programs (eg. asset declarations scraper, procurement scraper, etc) that gather data from government-run websites, to feed TI Georgia’s anti-corruption focused websites (eg. tendermonitor.ge, myparliament.ge and more).
- Managed IT team (task distribution, hired new members, improved IT infrastructure).
- Co-created a report on Open Data guidelines and best practices, which were to be followed by the Ministry of Justice in Georgia. The Ministry was defining the Georgian action plan (commitments) as part of the Open Government Partnership. I also participated in meetings with public officials in order to present this report.
- Developed Spring-powered websites integrating Oracle Endeca solutions (OEC (e-commerce) and OEID (data discovery)).
- Improved development processes (eg continuous integration with Jenkins, development process for OEC demos for pre-sales team).
- Worked with sales representatives in order to define selling points, and then refine demos accordingly, before presenting demos to potential customers.
- Developed new screens for Natixis'accounting control software (MVC architecture). Developed and scheduled JAVA & PL/SQL Batch programs
- Worked on requirement estimation, documentation (batch scheduling specifications), tests. Managed release.
Personal projects & other experiences
Courier Bot is a simple SMS reporting proof of concept.
Targeted to humanitarian aid activities, it enables frontliners to send requests and quick reports via text messages to an admin.
On the admin side, Courier Bot leverages websockets to display messages as they come, which opens great possibilities for easy monitoring.
Madloba is an open-source CMS project.
A Madloba website consists of a map-based website that can be used to find what your neighbours have to give away. Once set up on a server, a Madloba website focuses on one city at a time, encouraging people from this city to reuse and recycle objects of all kind within their community.
I worked with MAC Georgia to customize an implementation of Madloba for them, as they needed a tool to locate services for children with disabilities in Georgia.
You can find information about the Madloba project here. An demo implementation of this project (focusing on the city of Ottawa) can be tested here. Finally, the Github repo where the project lives is here.
I was one of the 85 people selected (out of 1600 applicants) to participate in the first hackathon organized by Al Jazeera (in Doha, Qatar), called Media in Context.
Our team created a prototype called MapCake. It allows the author of a new article to map recent related stories which took places in different locations. The purpose is to gain new insights about the story this author is working on, by knowing when and where other related stories were published.
The project won the “best situational context solution” award. Read more about it here.
In 2014 and 2015, I participated (as a teacher) to an initiative called “Girls that code”, created by Jumpstart, a Tbilisi-based NGO.
The aim of Girls that code is to promote the presence of women in the tech industry. Over weekly classes, 2 devs from Jumpstart and I taught Ruby to a group of women, coming from diverse professional backgrounds. By teaching the basics of programming, we wanted to show how programming could help them in their professional activities.
Read more about it here.
2002 - 2007: MIAGE Master’s degree (Computer Science & Business Management) - University of Toulouse (France).
Skills, languages, trainings
- Frameworks: Ruby On Rails 3 & 4, Ember 2, Spring, Django
- JS libraries: JQuery, Leaflet, Mapbox
- Databases: Postgres, Oracle, MySQL
- Version control: Git, SVN, CVS, Serena Dimensions
- Servers: Nginx, Apache Tomcat 6, Websphere 6.1
- Text editors: Vim (config here), RubyMine, Eclipse
- PaaS: Heroku
- Build/deploy tools and CI: Codeship, Hudson/Jenkins, Travis CI, Maven
- Operating systems: Debian 9 Xfce, Debian-based distros (Ubuntu, Mint...), CentOS, Mac OS X, Windows
- Endeca: OEC 3.1.1, OEID 3.0
- Design: UML
- CMS: Wordpress
- Family time, running, yoga, hiking, backpacking, reading, playing the piano.
- Investigating and trying out new frameworks, languages, or open-source technologies.