- Nationalities: French, Canadian
- Download CV
Backend Engineer at GitLab, Remote (June 2019 - Present)
October 2021 - Present: work on infrastructure as part of the Fulfillment Platform team
- Development of an Ansible project to provision Staging and Productions VMs and to deploy customers.gitlab.com on them.
- customers.gitlab.com observability: creation of application SLIs, set up of error budgets for the Fulfillment team groups, creation of Grafana panels, implementation of Prometheus Exporters.
- Maintainer code reviews for gitlab.com, regular code reviews for customers.gitlab.com.
June 2019 - October 2022: Rails development as part of the Release team and then the Fulfillment Utilization team
Techs: GitLab, Ruby on Rails 5, RSpec, Sidekiq, Puma, Postgresql, Docker, AWS & AWS CLI, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, GCP.
Full-stack developer at Financeit, Toronto, Canada (January 2016 - June 2019)
- Maintained and developed new features on the Financeit platform, on the front-end (Ember) as well as on the back-end (Rails).
- Integrated third-party services such as Stripe and Flinks.
- Worked on fixing live issues and technical debt.
- Code-reviewed team members' work, as part of the delivery process.
Techs: Ruby on Rails 4, RSpec, Ember 2, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Coffeescript, Sass, Git, Capistrano, Nginx, Unix, Codeship, Jira.
Web developer / IT Manager at Transparency International Georgia, Tbilisi, Georgia (October 2013 - May 2015)
- Worked with the IT team to maintain and improve TI Georgia’s scraper programs (eg. asset declarations scraper, procurement scraper, etc) that gather data from government-run websites, to feed TI Georgia’s anti-corruption focused websites (eg. tendermonitor.ge, myparliament.ge and more).
- Managed IT team (task distribution, hired new members, improved IT infrastructure).
- Co-created a report on Open Data guidelines and best practices, which were to be followed by the Ministry of Justice in Georgia. The Ministry was defining the Georgian action plan (commitments) as part of the Open Government Partnership. Participated in meetings with public officials to present this report.
Techs: Java, Python, Ruby, Spring 3.x, Django 1.6, Ruby on Rails 3 & 4, Git, MySQL, Postgres, Apache Tomcat 6, Jenkins.
Web developer at RealDecoy, Ottawa, Canada (January 2011 - September 2013)
- Developed Spring-based websites integrating Oracle Endeca solutions (OEC (e-commerce) and OEID (data discovery)).
- Improved development processes (eg. continuous integration with Jenkins, development process for OEC demos for pre-sales team).
- Worked with sales representatives to define selling points, developed demos accordingly to present them to potential customers.
Techs: Spring Framework 3.0, Endeca Commerce, Endeca Information Discovery, Maven, SVN, Oracle Linux 5, Jenkins.
- Software Engineer, at Celad, Toulouse, France (January 2009 - August 2010)
Developed new features for Natixis' accounting control software (Java) and PL/SQL Batch programs.
2002 - 2007: MIAGE Master’s degree (Computer Science & Business Management) - University of Toulouse (France).
Tech interests, languages, trainings
- Personal projects are hosted on Codeberg, a Gitea implementation run by a non-profit organization based in Germany.
- Self-hosting: Synology NAS, Freedombox on a RaspberryPi.
- Workflow: Ansible project for laptop provisioning, dotfiles.
- Preferred OS: Debian Xfce.
Languages: French (Native Speaker), English (Fluent), Spanish (Intermediate).
Public speaking: Completed the Christopher Leadership Course (CLC1 and Advanced courses).